Wednesday, May 25, 2011

2) Launchpad

Screenshot2011-04-01at6.05.31PM-2011-05-25-00-49.png


Next on the list of new things for OSX Lion is LAUNCHPAD!!!
Personally, this feature seems to be very dull, so I added the exclamation points to keep you interested. haha!
This is really just another feature taken from the iPad and iPhone operating systems. It allows for quick and easy access to your computers applications including groups and folders. One cool thing is that It does take advantage of the new gestures that will be available in OSX Lion. While Launchpad sounds cool, and will be familiar for those with iPhones and iPads, I’m curious why Apple thinks it’s such a big deal. It’s not really a new idea because you can accomplish the same thing in Snow Leopard. I have a similar setup on my Dock that allows me quick access to my Applications folder. If your curious, here is a quick video of how I access my Apps.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Victor Design Blog

Random thoughts on Advertising and Design.

Vic's Posts

Followers

HomeRO1
AboutRO1
PortRO1
ContactRO1
BlogRO1